Thursday, February 16, 2012

Theme 3: Food

The theme is coming late this week, I know, but I have been so busy between field visits, going to class, and doing my homework on top of applying for scholarships and other things. But I should still be able to fit in a few posts before the week is over. This week's topic, one I have been waiting to write about for a while, is food!

The reason I have waited so long is mainly because I wanted to be able to know how to write about it. Indian food is so different than anything I have ever encountered. I never ate at Indian restaurants back home, but even students who have say the food here is still very different. It is hard to tell what a dish is and/or will taste like when I have never even heard of the base ingredients. They use different fruits and vegetables and sooo many spices. While I still am no where near competent with my Indian food knowledge, I know enough to share with you some typical dishes/foods, the style of eating, and a little about the food culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment